Fire Hydrant Service
Spectrum Fire Protection is a leading contractor in Los Angeles and Orange Counties that installs, services, tests and repairs fire hydrants. Our Fire Hydrant Service Includes:
Fire Hydrant Inspection
As per NFPA 25, our inspection procedure includes the following:
- Inspect for leaks in outlets or at top of hydrant.
- Assess condition of gaskets and other parts.
- Inspect for cracks in hydrant barrel.
- Inspect for tightness of outlets.
- Inspect for worn nozzle threads.
- Inspect for worn hydrant operating nut.
- Check availability of operating wrench.
Fire Hydrant Testing
In addition to the inspection, a flow test is performed using the accepted methods by the local jurisdiction, including environmental safeguards. The test includes:
- Opening the hydrant fully to ensure ease of operation.
- Flush the hydrant.
- Verify static, residual and flow pressure using static and Pitot gauges.
- Provide written report of the test on approved forms.
Fire Hydrant Repair
- Emergency repair.
- Leak repair.
- Maintenance & lubrication.